Welcome to DataFeedWatch!
WordWatch Inc. (‘DataFeedWatch’) takes the privacy of its visitors and customers to the datafeedwatch.com website (‘Website’) and hosted application (‘Application’) very seriously. On this page, DataFeedWatch addresses what information is collected from you (whether online or offline) and how that information is used.
Updated: February 1, 2013
To better serve Website visitors and Application customers, and to enable the operation of the services offered, DataFeedWatch collects two basic types of information from users:
i. Personally Identifiable Information
ii. Aggregate User and Tracking Information
This information provides insights on how customers and visitors use the Website, Application and other DataFeedWatch products. This data is anonymous in nature and does not contain any personally identifiable information. This information is used to ensure that the Website, email messages and marketing efforts continue to appeal to users.
DataFeedWatch only requires personally identifiable information from you when it is needed for registration or placing orders on the Website.
Other information DataFeedWatch collects
When you visit the Website, some information about your visit may be automatically collected using cookies, log analysis software and other aggregate tracking technologies.
Cookies are files that contain small amounts of data. If your browser is configured to accept these files, they are stored on your computer’s hard drive. These data files are used whenever you visit the Website. Cookies capture and remember certain information about you. However, DataFeedWatch’s cookies do not collect personally identifiable information, and we do not combine the information collected through cookies with other information to tell us who you are.
By using cookies, DataFeedWatch is able to:
Personalize and enhance your visit to the Website.
- Expedite account log-in.
- Better measure how many users view and/or access the Website.
- Better measure the effectiveness of online marketing campaigns.
ii. Log File Analysis
DataFeedWatch also collects information from your computer each time you visit the Website using log file analysis software.
Information measured, analyzed and collected in this manner may include but is not limited to: your IP address, operating system, platform information, date and time of your clickstream behavior, cookie information, session information (includes: page interaction information, browser interaction information, page response times, length of visits to individual pages, and download errors) and web browser software.
Information collected on how you use the Website does not include personally identifiable information. Though some personally identifiable information may be collected in this process, the information collected is not used to track an individual’s use through the Website.
Use of Collected Information
Personally Identifiable Information
DataFeedWatch may use your information, including personally identifiable information, for business purposes including, without limitation, the following:
1. To improve the quality of your visit to the Website and affiliated Websites and services.
2. To create your account with DataFeedWatch.
3. To update your account with any information received from you or from third-party sources about you.
4. To operate its Service, provide statistic to you or include this data in public, aggregated reports about the performance and activities of all DataFeedWatch customers.
5. DataFeedWatch may share your information with our parent company, subsidiaries or other affiliates that control, are controlled by, or under common control with
6. DataFeedWatch sometimes contracts with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services on its behalf, such as hosting the Website, sending email messages, administering surveys, delivering packages, and processing credit card orders. Such third parties may have access to personally identifiable information, such as email addresses, street addresses, and credit card numbers, needed to perform their functions, but are restricted from using it for purposes other than providing services for DataFeedWatch.
7. In some cases, DataFeedWatch may choose to buy or sell assets. In these business transfers, customer information, including personally identifiable information, is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if DataFeedWatch, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that DataFeedWatch goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, customer information, including personally identifiable information, would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquiror of DataFeedWatch or any of its assets may continue to use your personally identifiable information as set forth in this policy.
8. DataFeedWatch may preserve and has the right to disclose any information about you or your use of the Website without your prior permission if DataFeedWatch has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
protect and defend the rights, property or safety of DataFeedWatch or its affiliates, other users of the Website, or the public;
enforce the Terms of Service for the Website;
respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or
resolve credit card disputes or for fraud protection.
9. DataFeedWatch may also disclose information as DataFeedWatch deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
10. DataFeedWatch may share any information you submit when DataFeedWatch has your consent to do so, or when DataFeedWatch needs to share it in order to provide the information or service you requested.
Non-personally Identifiable Information
DataFeedWatch may use your non-personally identifiable information it collects during your visit to the Website, during your interaction with DataFeedWatch’s emails or during your interaction with DataFeedWatch’s third-party marketing efforts for other purposes including, without limitation, the following:
1. To better monitor in aggregate the effectiveness of DataFeedWatch’s online and offline advertising and marketing campaigns.
2. To better monitor in aggregate how visitors and customers are using the Website.
3. To ensure that the Website and emails continue to provide relevant content that is interesting and useful to users.
4. To uncover and diagnose problems with the Website and DataFeedWatch’s servers.
5. For day-to-day system administration needs.
What You Get From DataFeedWatch
WordWatch believes that honest and clear communications with customers and users is a key part of a great experience. All of DataFeedWatch’s email communications contain information on how to unsubscribe, and DataFeedWatch honors all requests as quickly as possible. Below are examples (without limitation) of communications you may receive from DataFeedWatch:
i. Registration Email Messages
When you join for an account, you will receive an email confirming your registration (as applicable). The email message will contain your name, the email address you provided and your DataFeedWatch sign-in information.
ii. Marketing or Promotional Emails
DataFeedWatch may send you marketing materials. These mailings will contain information on how to unsubscribe, and DataFeedWatch honors all requests as quickly as possible.
If you are receiving communications from DataFeedWatch and wish to unsubscribe, simply click on the unsubscribe link in any of the marketing communications.
iii. Postal Mail
DataFeedWatch may also send you notifications of new products, surveys and other communications via postal mail. If you do not wish to receive postal mail from DataFeedWatch, follow the opt-out instructions below.
If you send DataFeedWatch a question or suggestion, DataFeedWatch may use your email address, telephone number or postal address to respond to you.
DataFeedWatch Products – Other Websites
DataFeedWatch does not share personally identifiable information with business partners who display or offer DataFeedWatch products or services on their Websites.
DataWatch understands that the safety of your personal information is extremely important to you. That is why DataFeedWatch uses both electronic and other measures to keep your information protected from unauthorized access. We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software to protect the transmission of information that you submit to the Website. This software encrypts the information that you input.
While we use current industry standard procedures to protect your privacy, unfortunately, no data transmission or storage security can be guaranteed 100% of the time. In addition, third parties may unlawfully intercept or obtain information from the Website. We do not promise that your personally identifiable information will remain private in such cases.
About This Policy
Policies for Users of the Website Under Age 13
DataFeedWatch recognizes the importance of children’s safety and privacy on the Internet. For this reason, and in compliance with certain laws, DataFeedWatch does not intentionally collect or maintain personal information from children under the age of 13, nor do we offer any content targeted to children. We ask that children under the age of thirteen not use the Website.
Choosing Not to Provide, Accessing and Updating your Information
The Website allows you to choose not to provide personally identifiable information. However, if you opt not to disclose information to us, you may not be able to make a purchase or take advantage of certain features of the Website.
Customers may view and change their personally identifiable information by logging into their password-protected account. Once logged in, click the ‘Account Settings’ link. From here a customer may update their personal information, password, billing, and subscription information, including the ability to close their account.
It may take a reasonable period of time to respond to any request to cancel or modify an account. If you request the deletion or modification of your personal information maintained by DataFeedWatch, such information may be retained for a period of time in DataFeedWatch’s backup systems as a precaution against system failures. Some information may be retained for longer periods as required by law, contract or auditing requirements.
1185 Chess Drive, Ste 201
Foster City, CA 94404